big fan of books for kiddies // Friday, April 1, 2011
|
10:32 AM |
I am 22 years old and I usually do read novels for my appropriate age, big paperback books, and even newspapers. However, just for the hell of it, today I took a “Harold and the Purple Crayon" book and a “Corduroy” book and read some other children’s book when I'm dead bored at home yesterday and dad gave me goofy looks and asked: “Sheesh, how old are you?! GROW UP!” And it was embarrassing but I personally think there is nothing wrong with reading children books for fun. Actually, many children's books, even the simplest ones, are so well written and beautifully illustrated that they're well worth reading by people of any age. To be honest, I still have the books that I grew up with. I figured that they would come in handy some day. I like to look at them. I know that there is nothing wrong with having them and I still have the Winnie the Pooh book collection which I treasure so much and they will be forever my favorite books. FOR GOD'S SAKE, stop giving me that what's-wrong-with-you-look already, there's NOTHING WRONG WITH READING CHILDREN BOOKS OKAY ?! Sometimes people feel the need to go back to thier beginning , to remember the pleasure with which they read and even to re-read their favourite childhood stories. It may sound amusing but sometimes it is very interesting to read again what you've read when you were a child because opinions,impressions things like that change due to time and you see the book from another perspective. Some of them perhaps want to try to see what their children like and in order to understand their favorite books they read them.Other people want to see what's new concerning the children's literature .Other people want to feel themselves as being forever young. This is definitely nothing to be ashamed of, and I also buy DVDs like Sesame Street, Barney and Friends, Spongebob Squarepants to watch. Now, I read children's books. I reread them, and I read one's I've never picked up before. The simplicity is refreshing, the usually happy topics/endings make a nice change, I love to get caught up in fantasy worlds and if somebody bought me a copy of The Magic Faraway Tree, I would kiss them! There is quality writing in there XD CHILDREN'S BOOK ROCKSSSSS!!! Kids books are fun! I will continue to read them, manga, and watch cartoons until the day I die. LONG LIVE BIG KIDS! |


Older entries