
I have a male friend who I consider one of my best friends. We have known each other for years and at one time lived together when we are small kids. He knows me really well and I can talk to him about anything . Well yesterday he actually phoned me and ask how am I doing ?! I broke my leg last week and now I have to wear this stupid elephant leg cast for I don't even know how long. I said I'm fine but he is still kinda worried. Well , I was crying over the phone about my bad luck lately , and then the next thing out of his mouth was " Why don't you just move here to New York and look at what is right in front of you ? How much longer am I going to have to wait until you grow up and see that I am right here waiting ?" Needless to say , I was stunned .My mouth dropped open and I was speechless .
I will admit ,one time I did wonder if we ought to hook up ,because he is exactly my type . I am totally comfortable around him ,because he has seen me at my best and my worse ,as I have with him . We tease each other and joke around and get along great . I asked myself for the millionth time "Have you ever considered becoming romantically involved with him? Did it work out , or not ? If it didn't work out, was you able to go back to being just friends ?"
This sounds like the start of something good to me, sometimes the relationships that start as friends bring the best partnerships as we both know a lot about each other already, only drawback is.... if it doesn't work then I lose a best friend.... can I cope with that? I think that is my only reservation with the whole thing and something we will need to discuss when he gets back in town . I couldn't imagine my life without him in it because we have kind of been through thick and thin together .
You'd only have to worry about losing him as a friend if one or both of you are the type to hold a grudge or become bitter or unreasonable upon breaking up. If you've known each other for years, then you've probably both been through a few relationships in that time and should have an idea of how you'd react at the end of a relationship.
That, by the way, is why I think getting involved with friends is far superior to getting involved with strangers. We already know what to expect from one another and whether we'll be compatible or not. No one starts out on their best behavior or putting on an act, because the secrets are already out. We already know one another, warts and all, and have decided we can live with the warts.
This is what my mum told me when I ask her what should I do. Okay....I know I'm hopeless *depressed*
P/S : I had a really bad start for March OMG! broke my leg and I have to wear this stupid elephant leg cast for don't know how long, ugggghhh~ Dad is going to Rome next month for some conference that I don't even know. ROMEEEE !!!! YES, dad says I can tag along as long as....I'm fully recovered by next month. *worshipping* sure no problem I can do that,LOL~ :D